CONCORD, NC : The 24th season of the Bojangles’ Summer Shootout kicks off tonight with the first round of action. New faces and new rules are taking to the series this summer.
First, the race format changes. All the Legend Car classes will qualify and then the top 50% will be locked into their respective features. The remaining cars will then run an 8 lap heat race to determine their starting positions. This will also serve as a B-Main to set the field limit if needed.
All three Bandolero classes will still just pill draw and run a heat race to set the starting lineup for their feature races.
All feature racing will be shown LIVE and available on-demand to LegendsNation TV subscribers. Broadcast will begin at approx. 7:00 PM each race night.
Schedule for Round 1 :
- 12:00 PM – Registration Opens in Media Center
- 4:00 PM – Driver / Crew Chief meeting in Media Center
- 5:00 PM – Spectator Gates Open
- 5:10 PM – Races Begin
Race Order (With #)
- Young Lions – Qualifying
- Beginner Bandolero – Heat Race
- Masters – Qualifying
- Pros – Qualifying
- Bandolero Bandits – Heat Race (s)
- Semi-Pro – Qualifying
- Bandolero Outlaws – Heat Race (s)
- Young Lions – Heat Race #1
- Young Lions – Heat Race #2
- Masters – Heat Race
- Pros – Heat Race
- Semi-Pro – Heat Race #1
- Semi-Pro – Heat Race #2
- Opening Ceremonies
- Beginner Bandolero Feature – 20 laps / 20 minutes
- Legends Masters Feature – 25 laps/ 25 minutes
- Bandolero Bandit Feature – 20 laps / 20 minutes
- Wrecker Exhibition Race
- Legends Pro Feature – 25 laps / 25 minutes
- Bandolero Outlaw Feature – 20 laps / 20 minutes
- Legends Semi-Pro Feature – 25 laps / 25 minutes
- Legends Young Lions Feature – 25 laps / 25 minutes
- Schedule is subject to change as needed