CONCORD, NC : The very wet spring that has plagued most of the country, along with the long winter that has delayed some tracks from being able to open already has claimed some events already this weekend prior to the Memorial Day holiday.
- This page will be updated as cancellations come into the LN press office. You can also follow along on Twitter at twitter.com/LegendsNation for instant updates of track conditions this weekend.
Friday, May 18th, 2018 :
ALTAMAHAW, NC : The heavy rains last night, along with more rain already moving into the area has forced Ace Speedway to cancel their scheduled racing program for tonight, which included the INEX Bandoleros. Their next event is Friday, June 1st with 5 weekly divisions, plus the Bandoleros.
MASON, MI : The rain that was expected later this evening moved in a little early tonight and forced the folks at Spartan Speedway (Corrigan Oil Speedway) to cancel racing for a second consecutive week.
MANDAN, ND : For the third consecutive week Mother Nature has forced Dacotah Speedway to cancel their opening night action. Rain has won out tonight at the dirt track located west of Bismarck, North Dakota. They will attempt for a fourth time next Friday night, May 25th to start their season for 2018.
WEST FARGO, ND : The rains have moved in and with the threat of more this evening the track staff at Red River Valley Speedway have made the decision to cancel the races for this evening. They will return next Friday night with more weekly action.
HANOVER, PA : For the third consecutive week the Central PA Legends have been rained out. This weekend they were scheduled to take on Trail-Way Speedway, but Mother Nature had other ideas. This makes it the entire month of May that the series has been sidelined due to weather. The next scheduled event for the Central PA Legends takes place at Lincoln Speedway on Saturday, May 26th.
MIDLOTHIAN, VA : Due to the heavy rains that have flooded parts of the track and surrounding area, and with more rain in the forecast for Friday, the call was made last night to cancel the scheduled race events for tonight at Southside Speedway.
Tracks that are still on schedule to run today, Friday, May 18th :
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA : Another track that has been hampered by the long winter season and wet spring is Hawkeye Downs Speedway and Expo. The track made the decision a couple of weeks ago to postpone the 2018 season opener until tonight and the weather currently looks like all systems are a go to start another exciting season of racing at the Iowa track.
Races Called Off for Saturday, May 19th, 2018 :
WATERFORD, CT : The rains have forced the Speedbowl at Waterford to also cancel their scheduled events for tonight.
INVERNESS, FL : The stationary low pressure system that has dumped inches of rain across the Southeast this week, and with more in the forecast for tomorrow along Florida’s Gulf Coast, officials with Citrus County Speedway have already announced tomorrow’s races are canceled, which included the INEX Legend Cars. They are still attempting to hold open practice tonight if the weather clears.
WALL, NJ : For the second week in a row the rains have won out at the high banks of Wall Stadium Speedway today. They will try again next Saturday night with a Memorial Day weekend special.
BETHEL, NY : The track that is currently leading the race for most rainouts in 2018 is Bethel Motor Speedway. The track has pulled the plug for the fourth time already this season on today’s scheduled events.
EVANS MILLS, NY : The state of New York is getting dumped on with rain today, so therefore Evans Mills Speedway has canceled for tonight.
RIVERHEAD, NY : Due to persistent rains and even more on the way tomorrow, officials at Riverhead Raceway have postponed the Islip 300 from May 19th to June 16th, which includes the INEX Legend Cars.
PETERBOROUGH, ONTARIO : For the second time this month the season opener for the Eastern Ontario Legends has been postponed due to rain.
HAMPTON, VA : Due to the impending weather forecast for Saturday, officials at Langley Speedway have decided to cancel the scheduled races for tomorrow. They will return to action next Saturday night, May 26th.