(Garrett Lowe celebrates in style after he captured the inaugural LegendsNation eRacing 50 at Lanier National Speedway / Photo Credit : Tim Terry)
CONCORD, NC : I want to thank everyone who participated and attempted to join the first iRacing event that we put on. It had its moments, but there is a lot that we have learned to improve it going forward. The next asphalt event is scheduled in two parts, with open practice and qualifying on Thursday, April 30th and the racing on Friday night, May 1st. This will be a fixed setup race as there is already a setup available. We will offer a race event next Wednesday with an open setup combo. This will be announced sometime on Saturday to give you ample time to tweek your setups. We will have open practice sessions each night leading up to Wednesday, May 6th for you to have the chance to test different setups and work together as teams. On to this week……
RACE DETAILS :
TRACK : The Bullring at Las Vegas Motor Speedway
THURSDAY APRIL 30TH, 2020 SCHEDULE :
- 12pm Eastern – Open Practice Begins
- 6pm Eastern – Open Practice Ends
- 10pm Eastern – 5 Minute Open Practice / Single Car Qualifying
- 1am Eastern – Qualifying is Closed (Top 60 locked into Friday’s races)
You have the option to practice for 5 minutes solo, or just jump into your 4 laps of qualifying, which you have the other 2 hours and 55 minutes to complete. The best lap will be the lap of record. You have one chance to make your qualifying run and you can take it at anytime during the three hour window.
THE TOP 60 IN QUALIFYING TIMES WILL ADVANCE TO THE HEAT RACES ON FRIDAY AND WILL RECEIVE INVITES TO JOIN THE NEW LEAGUE SERVER FOR THESE EVENTS.
This ensures that anyone who wants to attempt to qualify for these races can without people racing to be one of the first in the server. I know the two separate days are a little off for some, but we have found this works best for the format when more drivers are trying to compete than the iRacing server allows.
FRIDAY MAY 1ST, 2020 SCHEDULE :
- 6pm Eastern – Open Practice Begins (3 Hour Session)
- 9pm Eastern – Qualifying Begins for the 60 Locked In Drivers (Solo Car 4 laps / 5 minutes)
- TOP 2 IN QUALIFYING ARE LOCKED INTO THE 75 LAP FEATURE
- Heat Races (Up to 5)
- 12 Laps / 10 Minutes – Top 4 advance to Feature (Caution Laps Do Not Count)
- Consolation Races (Up to 3)
- 20 Laps / 12 Minutes – Top 2 advance to Feature (Caution Laps Do Not Count)
- Feature Race
- 75 Laps / 50 Minutes – 30 Starters (Caution Laps DO Count)