CONCORD, NC : Officials from U.S. Legend Cars International and Charlotte Motor Speedway have released the June portion of the schedule and guidelines for the 2020 Summer Shootout Series. With the State of North Carolina currently under the Phase 2 orders fron Gov. Roy Cooper until at least late June, adjustments have been made to make sure all individuals attending the Summer Shootout this year are safe and following the guidelines issued by the health department.
In an effort to limit the amount of people in the garage area in June, the Bandoleros and Legends will be competing on separate days. Mondays will be full practice and feature racing for the three Bandolero divisions. On Tuesday the action shifts to the four classes of Legends as they will practice and race their features.
Unfortunately for long time race fans of the event, this year’s Summer Shootout is closed to the public. The situation can obviously change as the guidelines evolve, but through the month of June the grandstands will remain closed to spectators.
Here is a list of mandatory rules posted by USLCI and CMS for all competitors.
- There is a MAXIMUM of 3 crew members allowed PER DRIVER in the garage area
- For the beginning stages of the Summer Shootout, EVERYONE who enters the pit area MUST wear a mask
- Race teams will still be grouped together as in previous years, but there will be one open stall space between race teams/drivers
- In order to use the garage stalls, a MASK MUST BE WORN, and social distancing must be enforced
- Charlotte Motor Speedway / USLCI is currently planning to host ALL 10 ROUNDS of the 2020 Summer Shootout, but uncertainty with the current pandemic could cause changes
- Future race dates will be announced later in June to see if restrictions allow for a more traditional Summer Shootout format
- IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO ATTEND ALL 10 ROUNDS, USCLI strongly recommends purchasing hard cards to make your check-in process simpler each week
2020 Summer Shootout Schedule
(ROUNDS 1 – 4 ONLY)
|Monday||June 8th||BANDOLEROS ONLY||1|
|Tuesday||June 9th||LEGENDS ONLY||1|
|Monday||June 15th||BANDOLEROS ONLY||2|
|Tuesday||June 16th||LEGENDS ONLY||2|
|Monday||June 22nd||BANDOLEROS ONLY||3|
|Tuesday||June 23rd||LEGENDS ONLY||3|
|Monday||June 29th||BANDOLEROS ONLY||4|
|Tuesday||June 30th||LEGENDS ONLY||4|
The daily schedule for the Bandoleros and Legends is as follows :
- 11:30 AM – Garages Open
- 1:00 PM – Practice Begins
- 3:00 PM – Practice Ends
- 4:00 PM – Drivers Meeting
- 4:30 PM – Cars on Track for Racing Program
Just as in the last three years, LegendsNation TV will be on hand for every night of the 2020 Summer Shootout with a full production of multiple camera angles, replays, graphics along with respected announcers familiar with the Summer Shootout to bring the at-the-track feeling to the home worldwide audience. For more information on race broadcast events visit www.LegendsNation.tv.
Additional notes for competitors on the Summer Shootout can be found below.
All minors must have a 2020 Minor Waiver Form on file with Charlotte Motor Speedway. Waivers from Winter Heat and The Fifth-Mile are valid.
Driver – Practice: $40 | Race: $25
Non-Driver – Practice: $10 (Non-INEX member), $5 (INEX member) | Race: $25
*THIS DEADLINE FOR HARD CARDS HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO THURSDAY, MAY 28 at 11:59 PM ET.
*Priority garage stall deadline ended May 18, 2020, at 11:59 PM ET. All stalls purchased after that are assigned on a first-come-first-served basis, depending on availability.