SHAKOPEE, MN : This weekend the Cheesehead Challenge presented by Great North Legends returns for the INEX Bandoleros and Legends across three different Wisconsin tracks over three separate days.
The action gets fired up on Friday, July 10th at the track known as “The Fastest Third-Mile in the Midwest”, Golden Sands Speedway in Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. Friday is a “Salute to the Troops” night at Golden Sands Speedway with all active and retired military personnel admitted for FREE with their Military ID card. The Legends and Bandoleros will be joined by the Super Late Models, Street Stocks, Four Cylinders and more on what will be an action-packed night of racing.
The Cheesehead Challenge moves just down the road on Saturday to Wisconsin Dells at the challenging 1/3-mile Dells Raceway Park for night two of the tripleheader weekend. The Late Models, Bandits and UMA Asphalt Modifieds join the Great North Legends and Wisconsin Legends and Bandolero racers for a full card of racing under the mid-July summer heat.
Sunday, the weekend concludes at the high-banked 1/4-mile Slinger Super Speedway for the Small Car Nationals. Along with Legends and Bandoleros, the Super Beez, Slinger Bees and the American Super Cup classes will do battle to crown the 2020 Small Car Nationals champions. The oval races will also feature the popular Spectator One-On-Ones as well.
With no Summer Shootout upcoming next week and racing in surrounding states still on hold, or very limited this weekend’s Cheesehead Challenge presented by Great North Legends is a great opportunity to score those INEX points.
Also, with the increased purses this weekend for Legend drivers, Great North Legends is putting up an additional $100.00 to the highest finishing “Out-of-Town” driver each night. So, any driver who is not a Wisconsin racer is eligible for this bonus with the potential to leave with an added $300.00 if they are the highest in all three events.
Below are some additional rules for Bandoleros and some Legends gear information for anyone unfamiliar with the tracks.
Bandolero Golden Sands, Dells and Slinger Rules :
- Bandoleros follow the 2020 INEX Rule Book
- Gear Rule is 14/62 or 15/67 (No others are legal this weekend)
- If a competitor changes an engine or chassis after qualifying they will forfeit the time and start at the rear of their race
- NO DRIVER / SPOTTER RADIOS are permitted during the race events at any of the tracks. They may only be used in practice
- For non-Hoosier tires, the post-race PSI is a MAX of 35 psi on any tire
- Hoosier Racing Tires are ALLOWED at all three venues
- Max REAR tire size is 57 inches (Stagger tape is used to measure)
- All 4 tires MUST be of the same manufacture. (Either Hoosier or the old INEX tires)
- Competitors MUST race on the same brand of tire that was used in qualifying. (If you qualify on Hoosiers, you MUST race the Hoosiers)
- MAX age limit for Bandoleros is 14 years old
- Any competitor that refuses tech at ANYTIME will receive an AUTOMATIC DQ
Each race winner will also receive a free Hoosier tire and a random draw driver will also receive a free Hoosier tire at each race event from Great North Legends. There will also be an additional Hard Luck / Hard Charger Award each night that will be determined by Tim Brockhouse of Great North Legends.
Legend Gear Info :
Golden Sands Speedway :
FZ09 : Either the 3.73 (will be on the chip) or the 4.30 gear is recommended to use.
1250 : Either the 3.73 or the 3.90 is recommended to use
Dells Raceway Park / Slinger Super Speedway :
FZ09 : 3.58 gear is the recommended choice and has proven to be the quickest in testing
1250 : 3.58 gear is also the recommended gear choice at both these tracks
For more track information you can visit the track’s official websites listed below.